Sunday, December 6

TrainingWeekend #3

This weekend doesn't deserve "TrainingWeekend" name actually.
Plans were high, but tension of workingweek was too. Too little sleep, full speed at work and still trying to catch up training plans were too much. I didn't feel it on friday or I felt it but didn't want to realize the true.
Saturday morning I went to running technique course which was interesting and informative. We did some running exercises and running drills. Our technique was recorded and some analysis will reach me soon.
After the lunch I felt sleepy and wasn't really seeking for the planed trip to Uppsala for the night training. But at 18:30 I was already there, in the forest with a map, my compass and a lot of other runners. But that was just a beginning of a total disaster.
I just started to run to the direction of my first control trying to understand what was happening out there in the forest and why it was happening so fast! Ok, I landed not to my control and it wasn't surprising. After finding the "right" first control I got some touch with a map and started to use my own head. But it was just not working the right way. My minds were jumping from one topic to another as I was jumping over the marshes. It was just a matter of time when the total shut down will come. And it came on the way to the 7th control. Even my legs turned off. I managed to find the control somehow but the next one was out of my league. I gave up!
Plans for sunday were called off. It was time to recover mentally and physically!

No comments:

Post a Comment